The European Society of Toxicologic Pathology (ESTP) was established in October 2002 by a transition of the "Gesellschaft für Toxikologische Pathologie" (GTP). The former GTP members felt that it was important to adapt to future challenges and form a strong Europe oriented international society. The modification of the constitution to found the ESTP was accepted by a high majority (about 90%) of the members present at the annual meeting in Giessen.
The goals of our European Society of Toxicologic Pathology (ESTP) are:
- to organize scientifically attractive annual meetings
- to obtain more visibility by authorities/agencies,
- to actively promote toxicologic pathology,
- to contribute to guidelines by comments and proposals,
- to participate in scientific working groups (e.g. historical tumor control data),
- to offer training courses in toxicological pathology and related fields,
- and at last but not least to collaborate intensively with the other Societies of Toxicological Pathology.
All scientists working in the field of toxicologic pathology, independent of whether they are members of other European Societies or not, are invited to join the ESTP. Please fill out the Membership Application Form. The annual membership fee is only EUR 80! By decision of the AGA 2013 and from 2014 on, retired members and students pay a reduced fee of EUR 35. More advantages of being a member of the ESTP are summarized on this page.
To learn more about the organization and activities of our Society, please use the links below.