Aptuit, an EVOTEC Company, is a worldwide Pharmaceutical Organization, collaborating with all the major Pharma and Biotech companies in support of various drug discovery and development projects. To efficiently support on going activities and needs, we are currently looking for a
|Veterinary Clinical Pathologist
to be based at our Verona site in Italy. The new figure will report to the Pathology Manager and will be part of a qualified team within the Preclinical Development group. He/She will be responsible of the supervision and coordination of the clinical pathology unit.
Duties and responsibilities of the role may include:
- Perform the evaluation and interpretation of clinical pathology in preclinical studies.
- Analyze and interpret results obtained from clinical standard investigations applied to safety assessment studies including hematology, clinical chemistry, urinalysis, quantitative and qualitative evaluation of peripheral blood and bone marrow smear.
- Author comprehensive narrative reports of clinical pathology data while meeting report deadlines.
- Collaborate with anatomic pathologists in correlating clinical pathology and histopathologic findings on safety assessment studies.
- Prepare, maintain, organise study records in compliance with regulatory standards.
- Provide scientific and technical advice on clinical pathology to the clinical pathology technicians to ensure accuracy and compliance with protocols and SOP's.
- Maintain collaborative relationships with internal and external clients in order to ensure client satisfaction with the Clinical Pathology Laboratory deliverables.
- Collaborate with clients, consultants, Study Directors and regulatory officials regarding studies, protocols, procedures, inspections, etc.
- Review protocols, study designs, data and reports for scientific content and acceptability.
- Act as a Principal Investigator – responsible for the planning, co-ordination, reporting and archiving of delegated phase of studies.
- Keep up to date with new procedures, methodologies and technology in clinical pathology assisting in the evaluation, validation and implementation of new techniques and equipment.
- Attend scientific meetings and continuing education seminars.
- Degree in Veterinary Medicine.
- Preferential requirements include: formal pathology residency or graduate studies (i.e. MS, PhD) at an institution in which the training of veterinary pathologists is a primary function or equivalent work place training and experience. Recognised certification in veterinary clinical pathology (ECVCP, ACVP, FRCPath).
Experience and Personal skills:
- Previous years of experience in clinical pathology, preferentially in a pharmaceutical company/biotech and/or contract research organization.
- Familiarity with GLP.
- Excellent written and oral communication. Capable to communicate effectively in English.
- Good interpersonal skills, listening and communication
- Multitasking and problem solving skills
- Ability to provide scientific guidance and feedback to technicians.
- Self-motivated with excellent time-management, organisation skills and dynamism.
To express your interest or to obtain more information please send your CV (specifying ref.PATH - 2018 to: email@example.com by the 20th of DECEMBER 2018.