Aptuit, an Evotec company, is a worldwide Contract Research Organization, collaborating with all the major Pharma and Biotech companies in support of various drug discovery and development projects. To efficiently support ongoing activities and needs, we are looking for a highly motivated
The Head of Pathology will report directly into the Head of Global Preclinical Development and will be part a qualified team within the Preclinical Development business unit.
- Lead and manage the Pathology Unit, including Pathologists, Necropsy and Histology laboratory
- Provide coaching, scientific direction and guidance to the team of pathologists and technicians
- Review protocols, study designs, data and reports for scientific content and acceptability.
- Provide scientific and technical advice to histotechnicians to ensure accuracy and compliance with protocols and SOPs.
- Plan and schedule activities of the internal team and external consultants in order to meet studies deadlines.
- Act as Study Pathologist contributing to the assessment of safety of test-compound in preclinical toxicological studies and provide pathology expertise in other experimental settings.
- Act as Principal Investigator for histopathological investigations.
- Author comprehensive narrative reports of anatomic pathology data while meeting report deadlines.
- Strong collaboration with other scientists (study directors and clinical pathologists) to correlate histopathologic findings in toxicology studies.
- Prepare, maintain, organise study records in compliance with regulatory standards.
- Act as primary pathologist representative internally and with customers, for all applicable matters.
- Directly manage contacts with customers.
- Maintain collaborative relationships with internal and external clients to ensure clients’ satisfaction.
- Collaborate with clients, consultants, Study Directors, Study Toxicologists and regulatory officials regarding studies, protocols, procedures, inspections, etc.
- Provide diagnostic support to the Department of Laboratory Animal Science when required.
- Keep up to date with new procedures, methodologies and technology in pathology assisting in the evaluation, validation and implementation of new techniques and equipment.
- Attend scientific meetings and continuing education seminars.
- Actively contribute to the definition to the scientific and commercial strategy of Preclinical Development.
- Degree in Veterinary Medicine.
- At least 10-15 years of experience in anatomic pathology, preferentially in a pharmaceutical company/biotech and/or contracted research organization.
- Familiarity with GLP.
- Excellent written and oral communication. Capable to communicate effectively in English.
- Good interpersonal skills, listening and communication
- Multitasking and problem solving skills
- Ability to provide scientific guidance and feedback to technicians.
- Self-motivated with excellent time-management, organisation skills and dynamism.
- PhD and/or recognised certification in veterinary pathology (ECVP, ACVP, FRCPath).
- Effective communication, both verbally and in written form, to customers as well as members of internal teams
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Exceptional team working attitude
- Experience in clinical pathology data interpretation
Please apply at this link