Aptuit, an Evotec company, is a worldwide Contract Research Organization, collaborating with all the major Pharma and Biotech companies in support of various drug discovery and development projects. To efficiently support ongoing activities and needs, we are looking for a highly motivated
|Veterinary Anatomic Pathologist
He-She will report to the Pathology Manager into the Global Preclinical Development Department and will be part of a qualified team within the Preclinical Development business unit.
The activity is based at our Verona site in Italy.
Duties and responsibilities of the role may include:
- Perform macroscopic and microscopic tissue evaluation providing interpretation of findings observed in the context of preclinical general toxicity studies.
- Author comprehensive narrative reports of anatomic pathology data while meeting report deadlines.
- Collaborate with other scientists (study directors and clinical pathologists) to correlated histopathologic findings in toxicology studies.
- Prepare, maintain, organise study records in compliance with regulatory standards.
- Provide scientific and technical advice to histotechnicians to ensure accuracy and compliance with protocols and SOPs.
- Maintain collaborative relationships with internal and external clients to ensure clients’ satisfaction.
- Collaborate with clients, consultants, Study Directors, Study Toxicologists and regulatory officials regarding studies, protocols, procedures, inspections, etc.
- Review protocols, study designs, data and reports for scientific content and acceptability.
- Act as a Principal Investigator – responsible for the planning, co-ordination, reporting and archiving of delegated phase of studies.
- Provide diagnostic support to the Department of Laboratory Animal Science.
- Keep up to date with new procedures, methodologies and technology in pathology assisting in the evaluation, validation and implementation of new techniques and equipment.
- Attend scientific meetings and continuing education seminars.
- Degree in Veterinary Medicine.
- Preferential requirements include: formal pathology residency or graduate studies (i.e. MS, PhD) at an institution in which the training of veterinary pathologists is a primary function or equivalent work place training and experience. Recognised certification in veterinary pathology (ECVP, ACVP, FRCPath).
Experience and Personal skills:
- Previous years of experience in anatomic pathology, preferentially in a pharmaceutical company/biotech and/or contracted research organization.
- Familiarity with GLP.
- Excellent written and oral communication. Capable to communicate effectively in English.
- Good interpersonal skills, listening and communication
- Multitasking and problem solving skills
- Ability to provide scientific guidance and feedback to technicians.
- Self-motivated with excellent time-management, organisation skills and dynamism.
Please apply at this link